View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 18, 5:51 am
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 1984SW View Post
I've not seen/experienced that, but I did read someplace that the crew are each allotted a gel pillow for their rest break (i.e. The airplane is stocked with the number of pillows equal to the crew count + passenger allocation). I wouldn't be surprised if they were all boarded in a central place (the J cabin) and it was up to them to move their pillows to the crew rest area. The optics of retrieving the pillows after passengers are on board is not optimal, though...
It's a known fact that the airplane is not stocked with the number of pillows equal to the crew + passenger count. On one flight to Asia (16 hours flight), my wife went to the galley just after lunch to request a gel pillow. The last one was given to the person who had requested it just before my wife. That person had also gone to the galley and was still standing there waiting for the FA to come back with her gel pillow. To apologize for the lack of the gel pillow, the FA gave my wife 2 pajamas. My wife said that was not needed but the FA insisted that she take it. I guess it was recovery mode. I was on the same flight (no gel pillow for me either) and can tell you that very few passengers had gel pillows. Since then, we request the gel pillows at time of boarding to guarantee that we each get one.