FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mystery - Purchased J ticket mix up with Award F ticket
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:31 pm
sm82

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Mystery - Purchased J ticket mix up with Award F ticket

Booked a work flight LAX>JFK in J two weeks ago and upon ticketing was shown in F (return still in J). Ultimately, decided to have my wife join so booked her an award ticket in F for the same flight. For the first couple of days following booking both itineraries showed on my app + website. By the week leading up to the trip, each itineraries were on our respective apps (I should also mention PNR's were separate and my work trip was done via our 3rd part travel agency whom I've used for years w/o issue. I booked her award ticket through the AA website). A couple days after arriving in NY, I started looking to see if the EQM/EQD were credited for the flight...what frequent flyer doesn't do this?! Nothing showed during the five day trip. Following the return flight, credit was shown the next day for the return but on my "Activity" on AA.com the return flight had a note "Ineligible, Award ticket". Seems like somehow the award ticket my wife used (and for which miles were pulled from my account) was incorrectly applied to my flight.

Another data point: my flight was $2,500 and the return flight did show I got credit for ~$1,000 EQD so clearly it wasn't incorrectly allocated (i.e., zero EQD on the way out and $2,500 on the return)...I'm simply missing $1,500 EQD (less taxes) and the EQM's.

AA is closed today for the holiday, so plan to give them a call on Monday. Interested to hear any theories or similar experiences.