FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Visconti Rome, Italy, [Master Thread]
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:25 am
paolo64

Recent stay here ( 7 nights), left with mixed feelings. My primary reasons for choosing it: location and price .
No upgrade offered/available other than from the cheapest prepaid to an Executive ( as I'd had on a previous stay). I didn't expect an upgrade as they were running Full with a couple of big events/meetings and just prior to my stay rates were 3 or 4 times what I'd paid ( and then no rooms at all).
So in these circumstances no upgrade is ok; however, the executive rooms are very small ( someone suggests 20sqm and that looks about right). Really only just, barely sufficient for a couple...and Not really for 2 just sharing the room.
The Aircon appeared not to be working ...or maybe the temperature is centrally controlled. The thermostat showed 23 degrees...too warm for me when it's 8-10 Celsius outside. I switched it off and opened the window; it was ok.
I prefer Rome in Winter and autumn, maybe early Spring...and if rates remain low in those seasons I would stay again.However, given the low number of rooms in the upgrade pool I suspect that suites will be hard to get...just the luck of the draw...and that the barely adequate Exec room may be as good as it gets ( and really, what the lower category rooms are like I shudder to think).
Great location, nice staff, unremarkable breakfast, rooms just ok. A bit 'cheap and cheerful'