FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321T / 321T “32B” Transcon JFK <--> LAX / SFO Upgrade Success / Help
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:19 am
HLCinCOU

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pmblinn
To my thinking, this is one of the last remaining sweet spots not (yet) snuffed out by AA.
Yeah, I definitely agree it's a sweet spot, at least on transcons. Less attractive on my more typical midcon flights, but then those are less painful in coach so I just take my chances with EXP comps (and so far my chances have been good! Upgraded on 27/34 flights in 2018.). FWIW I feel like all miles+copay prices are well worth it if you can get them to clear.

Postscript: my miles+copay upgrade did indeed clear at T-48. They also cleared 2 upgrades at the gate, and I happened to be sitting next to the guy who was 3rd on the list. He was EXP but had not used an instrument...also didn't know what his rolling EQD was or how the lists were ordered, so it's hard to say whether I'd have gotten the bump without the upgrade instrument. All in all I'm completely satisfied with the way it all went down.