FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24)
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:28 am
zeppoloveskafka

Originally Posted by cwh82
Went to my local S&S last night to use the $15 off coupon on my wife's account and purchased a $500 VGC along with $15 in groceries. The CSR recognized me because I had been there multiple times last week purchasing VGC's during the 2x fuel points promo. She said they need my license to take down my info because I've purchased quite some VGC's in the last week. We had conversations last week regarding how fuel points system works so she knows I'm doing for the fuel points. They've never asked to take down my info before. I've had to show my license when purchasing, but that was it. Usually, buy $1.5k-$2k per trip during the promo for total of around $8k last week. Is this something I need to be concerned about?
Yes, I would say it is something you should be concerned about. At my closest Giant the financial manager randomly decided I could only buy gift cards there every week or two. You are not doing anything wrong, and most likely nothing will come from it, but right or wrong, if a person in the store with power decides that they don't want to deal with you, then you are out of luck. Best policy is to try and keep a low profile, and disappear for a while if people are suspicious. Personally I think two trips with bigger spend is better than 4 or 5 of smaller amounts if your credit card allows.