FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates needs to cut down on special meals
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:59 am
XXTSGR

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by ft101
Are you sure? There will be religous and health reasons and some of them could be debated, but I reckon too many special meals will be ordered for other reasons.
Very sure. The term has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of ordering a special meal.

Though I begin to wonder whether OP might be someone falling under the definition of "generation snowflake" - as we first get a rant about special meals and how they need to be cut and later it transpires that it actually all boils down to OP not being made to feel so special in Y without a special meal and having to wait for his a wee bit longer than OP thought would be acceptable as part of the EK Y 'experience'. Instead of cutting them, the meal distribution on board should now be changed. Really???

Like I said at the beginning, BYO and eat what and when you want, or appreciate that there might be another 200, 300 or so human beings around you in Y, including some with a special meal request, for whatever reason, and wait your turn.