FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:30 am
laxmillenial

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by madix
I had a terrible experience recently AKL-SFO. The plane was brand new with the new polaris seats, but service was awful. The FA on my side kept forgetting me. I couldn't help but take it personally.

When I boarded, I asked her for the gel pillow. She brought it right away to my wife and me, but everything after that she treated me like I didn't exist.

Some lowlights:
- The air vent in front of us was pointing at us full blast. Asked FA to fix it. Nothing happened.
- She asked for my PDB and I ordered a coke. I noticed I hadn't received my drink when others were already getting seconds. She had forgotten what I orderes so I had to remind her what my drink was and I eventually got it.
- After takeoff she took drink orders again. I again just ordered a soft drink. Again she forgot me and was serving seconds to others. I waved her down and reminded her about my drink. She went back to the galley (I was third row from the galley) and disappeared for a while. When she emerged again she was giving wine refills to the people in front me. Ignored again even after I reminded her a few minutes earlier. I couldn't get her attention before meal service began so I decided to wait for that since I didn't really need a drink at that moment.
- Meal service, she serves the 4 people in my row in front of me. She serves the person in my row to my left then skips me and serves people behind me. I had to flag her down again.

My wife had no problems with the FA on her side. He was pleasant and also fixed the vent.

Every interaction I had with my FA, I was ignored or forgotten. I don't know if it was bad service or this woman had something against me. I honestly believed that her spitting in my food was a possibility. Just to be clear, these were the only interactions I had with her. Maybe she didn't like my asking for gel pillows or fixing the vent? Actually the PDB forgetfulness was before those 2 requests, so that wasn't it.

If this is supposed to be UA's best, I'd hate to see their worst.

(Oh and the sundae was awful too. The butterscotch sauce had huge clumps of gelatinous goo and the ice cream had ice crystals.)
Write in to UA and report this. Also, as a suggestion for next time, I would have had a conversation with the purser right around meal time when I was skipped. One mistake, ok. Two, ok. Three, its a pattern. Just a suggestion for next time (should there be a next time) as having these things drawn out on a 12+ hour flight can really ruin an experience.