FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines' CEO Says the Least Important Customers Get the Worst Planes
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:07 am
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bse118
​​​​​​I agree that the 767 has a laggard hard product. Bit hard product is not the only thing that influences purchasing behavior.

FFP benefits are a big part - it's the reason the programs exist.

If I am on that hypothetical AA 767, chances are I am going to be in SWUed J, or at the very least MCE. Instead of crammed in regular economy.

I am going to have access to the Flagship lounge. Instead of being in the crowded terminal

When there is a flight delay or cancellation I am going to get more rapidly and easily rebooked, via the EXP line or the lounge rather than being in line as a no status customer.

All part of the "product" well beyond the cabin itself. It's a multi aspect issue - not individual flight in a vacuum.
Of course, no-status me is going to be crammed in a Y experience that is worse than a Norwegian 787 (or soon, a Spirit A320, once the pitch is ridiculous and Basic Economy is everywhere).

I should pay for AA for that if I have other options at the same price (some of them better ones, like that Norwegian 787) exactly why?

If AA wants to be NK or NO for me, that's cool. I just don't have any reason to prefer them over NK or NO if all they want to give me is lowest common denominator, self loading cargo treatment on junky old 767s.