Old Mar 28, 18, 9:49 am
saaveraward

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, hold AA, UA, BA, AMEX points
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
Yeah, I just reviewed the thread and I see what you mean. From a practical point of view, the instructions are easy: if you are able to get your bag checked to the final destination, and you see two signs when you get off of the plane -- one for transfers and one for passengers terminating in Washington -- follow the sign for transfers. But that isn't particularly useful information for advance planning.

I've done international to domestic at IAD, but only within *A, so I'm deferring to the experiences of others. Still, the main purpose of midfield clearance is to expedite connections for UA passengers, and I could easily see why that wouldn't be priority for non-*A airlines. I mean, if you're connecting from BA to AA or KE to DL or whatnot, taking a moon buggy over to the C terminal, and then going through security there, isn't particularly useful, since C/D is all-UA (and maybe AC?). You'd just have to hop on another moon buggy back.
Called CBP at IAD. Want a job there too? You are correct about the IAB channel. So assuming the bag is still interlined, I'll drop it off at the counter or curbside whichever is shorter... Although, there's no point interlining the bag if it's just to save $25. And I have the 45 minute cutoff.

Then I'll have no priority going back through TSA so that's cutting it close.

Man, I set up going through IAD instead of JFK because I thought it would be easier. Guess not.

I hear the Turkish lounge on PP at IAD is nice... May be spending a few hours there.