Old Mar 28, 18, 8:44 am
floridastorm

Skyconnect Rental Car Center Tampa Airport

Tampa Airport now has a new Rental Car Center located on the perimeter of the airport. There are no rental car desks or car returns inside the terminal anymore. All rental car activity goes through this state of the art facility. The center is connected to the terminal by Skyconnect a type of monorail system.

When you turn in your car at the center you are supposed be able to check in your bags and obtain a bordering pass if you don't already have one. You then board the monorail and proceed to the terminal. I'm assuming that this negates the need to drop departing passengers and bags curbside at the terminal and then return the car to their remote site and then get their shuttle back to the terminal.

I am flying out Jet Blue to San Juan, PR which Jet Blue considers a Domestic flight. You can only check in your bags at the rental center if your flight is considered Domestic. Apparently for International flights you have to bring your bags with you on the monorail and check in at the terminal.

I usually leave nothing to chance these days. As such, has anyone used the rental car center and checked in their bags at the center for a Jet Blue flight to Puerto Rico? Or, did you have to take your bags with you on the monorail to the terminal for check in?