FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VX First Switched to AS Catering (Late March, 2018)
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:55 pm
flyertalker003934
Suspended

VX First Switched to AS Catering (Late March, 2018)

Earlier today, I flew SEA-SFO on VX -- decided to upgrade from MCS for $70 because I was hungry and wanted lunch. Little did I know:

The "Protein Plate", with a piece of cheese hidden under the pita bread. Was this supposed to be a spa meal?

The other choice was a chicken salad. We had a plastic cup of nuts just prior, and one Seattle Chocolates truffle for dessert.

Afterwards, I felt a bit confused...this didn't appear to be typical VX First catering. And I was still hungry, so I asked about snacks -- those were just discontinued. Well, could I get one of the snack boxes from Economy Main Cabin, then? Nope, no longer allowed...

Apparently this was the week that VX switched to AS catering. How embarrassing...to think I could have stayed in MCS and piled up on as many snacks as I wanted. Never thought I'd see the day that I would miss DL's ultra-beige meal on their A320 service (tan bratwurst, tan potatoes, tan potato soup, beige macaroons. Lather, rinse, repeat every few months).

AS gave me MVP G75 as a status match from DL. (Hadn't flown them since the days they snuck Bible verses on meal trays!) So far, I'm really not impressed. Definitely not worth paying for upgrades on short-haul flights anymore, if this meal is any indication...never mind seat pockets filled with trash from a prior flight, no blankets/pillows, and a half-broken seat...

You know, with only a few more weeks before they retire the brand...how hard is it to keep the same quality of food and snacks until then? I didn't pay for the Alaska experience. Or maybe I did, and have been warned.