FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:37 pm
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
If you need our assistance filing a customer service complaint on this, feel free to send us the details to the email address below.
Thank you, William! I got it sorted out at the front desk. Japan is a wonderful travel destination as long as everything is by the rules; it just becomes incredibly challenging in situations when they follow rules that are wrong. They genuinely seemed to believe that they're entitled to charge me at Cat 4, and produced reams of papers with the daily conversion of the $75 cash component to back up their claim (of course the conversion rate wasn't at all pertinent to my situation). It's a little dumbfounding why they were so insistent that my confirmed rate had changed -- are there any rates that aren't set in stone once confirmed? In any case, no need to intervene on my behalf, but it might be beneficial to future guests if your team reached out to the hotel and clarified the policy.