FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:51 pm
dannycee

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by nichelle
Right. I have absolutely no shot at the AMEX $250,000 waiver. It never crossed my mind to even try for that

The cost is ~$2800 but it's in business class (JFK - PVG - SIN) .I've never flown MU (China Eastern) so this will be a first. From the reviews I've read, they offer a pretty good hard product in business. I'll make up the rest of the MQD's via my regular travel so I'm planning to do 1 trip. I don't mind paying $2,800 for an itinerary that will result in almost $8K in MQD's, +30K in MQM's and a lot of RDM's. I like the benefit of adding a bunch to my account. I have some family travel coming up this year and it will be nice to cash in some miles for those trips.
China Eastern is not half bad. I can't believe it, but they had a special from Cebu (I usually fly out of Manila which is a lot further for me). I got a RT in business class thru PVG to LAX for $1208.... MQMs23,770MQSs4MQDs$6,338BASE MILES15,846BONUS MILES28,522= 44,368
Shocked at the value, I quickly grabbed two more.... one thru Chicago and another thru LAX which is basically a mileage run.... 2 days in LA to run some errands. I am a Plat Med and figured I had no shot at Diamond. but if this value holds up.... My 3 RTs will give me $20,000 in MQD and with my Amex spend... I have a shot.

I own a small call center over here so I don't do any domestic travel almost at all....

Oh, 3rd flight on MU in business class in the past 6 months already and I have never smelled smoke from cockpit....