FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help please Indigo checked in suitcase size!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:49 am
edealinfo12345

Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Please can you help me I am flying to India on BA and then after a couple of days on Chennai I fly to Kochi on Indigo. The suitcase I am intending to take with me has dimensions of 50 x 77 x 30 all cms which totals 157cms. I have bought extra baggage of 15 kilos but was concerned about my my suitcase dimensions it is just under (I hope) the 158cms on the website. Will I get away with it? Many thanks
do you honestly think that those that manage luggage go around with a measuring tape to measure checked in baggage? If they do, they will be in the courier business, not an airline business! What will happen is that only bags that are observed to be unusually large (yours definitely won't) will attract extra attention.

Besides, you paid for extra luggage which means that they will already look to you favorably, meaning that even if you were 1 or 3 inches over, it would be overlooked.

Relax!

However, if you weight exceeds 15kgs, that's a different matter altogether, and you will be charged for each kg. over 15kg.

By the way, it is foolish buying such a large bag for just 15 kgs.......your bag itself will weigh probably about 12 lbs which is about 5 to 6 kgs.

Last edited by AJLondon; Mar 30, 2018 at 5:20 am Reason: Mod action: removed inflammatory comment