FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do people fly WN when the fares are not competitive?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:57 pm
joshua362

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Looking at a last minute trip next week, SFO/OAK<->LAX, both UA and AA offering $100 RT for an overnight or in some cases same day fare. UA is not even a BE fare.
WN is at least $200+ from SFO and $300+ from OAK, before i even get to EBCI fees. This is a no brainer, and my F upgrade already cleared on the UA flight. This is not just an isolated case as I've been following the Mexico fares for months and they've also been higher than equivalent advance purchase fares on legacy carriers.

So I understand the traditional biz model ($29 advance purchase, $200 walkup) but WN pricing does not seem as nimble as others in filling expiring excess capacity. And I wonder how long the OAK premium (like Nashville & other WN hubs) will last...
IDK but same with cheaper WGA points fares that would leave me to believe the load would be light, they are close to sold out if not. They are the masters at prediction IMO.