FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TP Crawl Down Under: TLV to PER (via HKG & SIN) on CX, SQ & QF in Y!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:26 pm
Innocent Abroad

Programs: BA Silver
Departure from SIN T4

From November 17 CX started using the new Terminal 4 at Changi. The terminal is used almost exclusively by low-cost carriers and there were concerns about CX using it; I, at any rate, found it perfect. Not only it shiny and comfortable it also features some of the newest travel technology, which is cool and efficient. But first you have to get to the terminal, which is not that easy, at least if you take the MRT since upon arrival to the station in between T2 and T4 you have to take the bus to T4:

The ride itself takes some ten minutes. I understand that there are local buses that run straight to T4 and of course one can take a taxi / uber there but anyway even with the inter-terminal bus it is not too bad. This is the entrance to the terminal:

Since I was travelling HBO I didn't use the self check-in counters and headed straight to the automated immigration stands.

You scan first your passport and them your boarding pass, enter the space in-between and smile at the camera There were some problems with the system but there were many agents around and they help me break free

After that you proceed to the non-automated security screening where you don't have to take our late electronic items but you do have (if I remember correctly) to take out liquids.

Terminal 4 is very long so anyone who uses it should be ready for long walks. This is particularly true for CX flights that use the remotest gates since they are the only ones who can handle wide bodies. That said, the new CX lounge is located midway through but even to get t here you have to walk quite a bit. As you can see there is nothing low-cost about the terminal:

These, for example, are armchairs that are spread all across it:

The CX lounge is one level up from the main terminal floor:

And here is its entrance:

Once inside there is a long decorated corridor with several spaces pictured below:

I asked for a vegetarian option at the Noodles Bar but the cooks over the counter could really get it; I had this moment before Fortunately a lounge agent in a suit approached us and explained to them the oddity. All was taken care of and after couple of minutes I got this delicious bowl.

Finally, this is the view from the lounge when you look towards the terminal; there are also great views of the tarmac.

I heard that during certain times of the day the lounge is super crowded but that was not the case today. Boarding was announce and I walked the distance all the way to gate G21, the last gate in the terminal. Boarding is also semi-automated and I was about to embark on the SIN-HKG leg towards home.

\