FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Resort Fee for Award Stays?
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:34 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Shared the feedback on this thread with the Hilton Honors team - we're going to update the T&Cs to avoid any potential confusion going forward. In the meantime, clarifying that if someone is staying on a Points & Money stay, he/she will be required to pay for applicable taxes and fees (including resort fees) because there’s a paid component to the stay. Only 100% Points stays would be eligible to have the resort fee waived.

Let me know if that makes sense/if you all have any other questions. Happy to relay them back to the team.

Thanks!
Lauren
Bolding mine: Apologies for bumping this thread but I'm confused as to if this is still the case...

I booked a points only reservation in February for the Tropicana Doubletree in LAS from October 6-8 of this year for myself with one king bed and I'm looking at changing the reservation to 2 queen beds.

When I booked the reservation, there was no mention of a resort fee being charged but when I look at the T&C's for the proposed change, I see this

Daily Resort Charge will be added to the room rate and includes: Guest internet access; fitness center access; valet/self parking; buy 1-get 1 free cocktail, beer or wine in Oakville Steakhouse 5PM-7PM daily; 2 for 1 at the Laugh Factory; 2 bottles of water per day; local & toll-free calls
In addition, when doing a "dummy booking" at the same hotel for various dates, I see the same message saying that the resort fee will be charged

So with all of that, will I be charged a resort fee or will I not be charged a resort fee