FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Seattle Sea-Tac Airport [Master Thread]
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:30 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CBear
The new Aloft is located in the other direction not directly on International Blvd, surrounded by some $40 "motor inn" type hotels known for some questionably activities. Definitely not an area where I would feel comfortable at night and with absolutely nothing but some parking lots and a 7-11. I understand the relevant authorities are trying to spruce up the area and change the reputation, but honestly I'm scratching my head a bit at Starwood's decision to build a new hotel in that area.
It would be a developer's decision, not Starwood. Frankly, I am confused why everyone is so terrified of this area - if you think Sea-Tac is so bad, trying spending a night near Newark, Miami or LA airports. I've stayed at the FP frequently, and received suite upgrades almost every time (the last stay was upgraded to a giant two-floor duplex apartment). The airport distance is a little sketchy especially mornings with the traffic on WA99, but there is nothing wrong with the hotel and I've never seen dangerous or homeless people or prostitutes near or in the property. I hate Aloft hotels, so I would do the FP in a heartbeat.