FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton property not accepting AMEX
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:09 am
Clarkdkent

Thanks for the response. Per your helpful suggestion, I called the Diamond Desk and they did a 3 way conference call to Mahogany Bay. The Diamond rep asked to speak with the GM but they were not available, so the front desk rep explained that they were still not set up and that it was slow going because there were obstacles to setting AMEX up in Belize. She said that they would be sending out emails to guests that made reservations with AMEX (something that I haven't rec'd). I explained to her how I would be losing out on a significant amount of points and benefits from using the Aspire card to no avail. and no apology. Am I going too far, if I ask to be compensated for the 50k in points that I'll be missing out on not to mention the $250 resort fee credit from the Aspire?

I've stayed at newly open resorts and hotels before. I know that there are usually a lot of growing pains (no hot water, leaking plumbing, fish that is spoiled) but not being able to use a hotel affiliated credit card is disappointing.