FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:38 pm
porciuscato

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
I get your point, intrude as least as possible. But it's so difficult to implement.
No it's not. FA bags should go in the very back. FAs get off last, so it's no problem for them to pop back and get them. It's a huge problem for a passenger sitting in row 1 to have to go back to row 10 to get his bag during de-planing when the plane is still totally full.

When an FA fills up the storage in row 1 that means that every single passenger is going to have to swim upstream at least one row to get his/her bags during de-planing. Believe me, I've seen this in action. As a GS passenger, I'm often the first to settle into the First cabin and I sometimes find the ENTIRE storage filled with crew bags.. So a few FA's selfishness inconveniences 200-400 people. That's not smart and it's not good customer service.. When the FAs put their bags in the last row, nobody needs to go upstream.

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
The comment above that gate bags should be checked is a good/decent solution. Wouldn't that decrease flexibility if FA's need to switch assignments randomly?
United's failure to schedule and plan properly is not an excuse to treat customers shabbily.

Last edited by porciuscato; Mar 22, 2018 at 10:43 pm