FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NZ in Late November -- Itinerary Suggestions
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:59 pm
Tocsin

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by swingaling
Likewise!

We'd hoped to spend a bit more time in NZ, but it wasn't feasible for work schedules given we're getting to NZ on an ex-EU fare. So the trip is a bit longer than it would otherwise be for an ex-US fare. On the plus side, we get to spend a night each in ARN and OSL (plus a couple 8-10h layovers with STPC in DOH). Even factoring in the cost of (cheap) positioning flights on BA, our airfare costs were less than a third the price of a comparable ex-US J fare on AA ($2,500 each vs $9,000 each on AA).

Heck, AA wants $3,500 each for a PE seat on BOS-AKL for our dates!

That said, what are you planning to do/see in NZ? I assume you're going to book the 8 or 9AM AKL-ZQN flight on the day you arrive?
I feel your pain on positioning issues (even though we normally take a domestic flight to LHR anyway - one of the plus points of the NZ sale flight is just two sectors: MAN-DOH-AKL and just over £1350 each in J. We haven't decided on details yet (I'm into majestic scenery, my wife wildlife). As for AKL-ZQN, there are several options, and I'll be checking QR920 arrival punctuality on FR24 for a while before booking

I'll certainly post our plans on this thread as they firm up!