FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:30 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
What's wrong with a FA storing and accessing his/her bag from an overhead bin right above you more than once...assuming they're not asking you to get up, move, putting their bag in your seat, etc.
Where else are they supposed to store it? It's not like there's bins 'reserved' for the FA's that don't have any passenger seats underneath them.
Seriously?! You being a customer or not, FA's are people too! Stop treating them like they're not.
Agree: FA's are people. However, they are employees of a customer service organization whose role is to treat their best passengers well.

One of the things that bothers me most is when I pay $3-$5K for a seat and find that an employee uses the luggage space above me for their personal use. Sorry, but this is the antithesis of customer service.

Now, perhaps UA space planners did a bad job of providing for storage of FA luggage, or perhaps they took it all into account, but some FAs bring too much aboard so they intrude into the customer experience.

In any event, the intrusion should not happen, and it is on UA that it happens. If there is insufficient "private" storage, the FAs should store their stuff in economy and inconvenience someone who paid $500 for their seat, not someone who paid $5000. The fact that either there are no UA-issued rules or they are ignored speaks volumes for a business that should be customer-centric.

Last edited by 747FC; Mar 22, 2018 at 1:19 pm Reason: spelling error/grammar