FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Babyseat blocked recline
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:01 am
BeatCal
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Bingo. Need to pick your battles. Easier to just select other seats in the first place and not have to battle at all.

I've traveled on 150 flights with carseats and I've heard it all. When they say that I can't have a carseat at all, that's when I call out the BS.

Several years ago I didn't know that you can't have a carseat in the row in front of or behind the exit row. I sat with an infant from CLE-MCI on a UA Q400 in F class, seats 2CD without a problem. On the return trip the FA told me that I can't sit in 2CD as it's the row behind 1CD, which is an exit row on the Q400. Those are the only 2 rows of 2 seats on the Q400, so we were booted back to coach.

I protested, but sure enough the FA pulled out the manual confirming that she was right, despite the countless times it hadn't been enforced. Live and learn.
I

I always looked at their policies written (which do state not in front or behind exit seat). The last time I had a problem, I wrote Delta and they gave me back a letter that said car seats are allowed in bulkhead on all their flights (in fact peferred location). I then carried it with me for the few FA who made their own rules.