FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Babyseat blocked recline
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:33 pm
cruiser9999

Originally Posted by BeatCal
1. The seats have to be FAA approved which do fit all plane seats
2. The expectation to have your child in a child seat overweighs yours of a recline
3. Read the physics of turbulence. It is not comparable to a baby-buggy. It is why you cannot have sometihng on your lap on take off and landing. Also the incidence of scalp burns on lap childs is high (requiring ER)
You are missing the points here:
1) I am referring to proper installation, not the car seat fitting into the seat (and I can assure you that I have been on many planes where even a small adult barely fits into a seat,, never mind trying to put a car seat in). To install a child seat in a car it must be literally weighed down by someone way bigger than me in order to get the straps properly tightened. As such the large majority of car seats are incorrectly installed according to many new articles, An airline seatbelt is not self-tightening and I have never seen a parent put any weight on the seat when buckling it in. As such it can, and does easily move around and will rotate without a tether strap which I have also never seen anyone use,
2) Guess I will be bringing a doctor's note from now on as having a reclinable seat is a health requirement for me.
3) I am talking about the probabilities here... not about turbulence in a baby buggy. i.e. the chance of a child being injured in a plane (and for that matter any other person) is way less than being in a car, walking down a street or whatever.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 21, 2018 at 9:47 pm Reason: repaired quote