Old Mar 21, 18, 10:06 am
BThumme

Programs: UA Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Hearing more of "No BoB Catered" on Short(er) flights

As 1K who files plenty of regional flights and short hauls, I've seen a trend over the last month of being told more often that they don't have any snacks being offered, and flight attendants providing the absolute bare minimal service (if they leave their seat).

Couple routes:
-Flew LAX-SFO - was told since the flight was "so short" - no snacks when I asked for anything (gummy bears, chocolate pretzels, snack box). Didn't want to argue on what a "short" flight really is.
-ORD-GRR - Flight attendant didn't even serve water or bother to get up; no announcement;
-ORD-YYZ - No snacks
-GRR-IAH (almost 3 hours in an e145) - no snacks
-IAH-QRO - Was told no snacks, but was given a drink.

Before all this, I flew ORD-AZO (even shorter then GRR) and the FA, bless her, did a full beverage service and got me a snack.That flight was maybe 25 minutes. ORD-FNT as well, I've never had issues getting a snack.

Does anyone know if flights are being stocked less? I don't want to say FA's are being lazy, but it sure seems like on a lot of these shorter routes I've been on, the service is about as minimal as possible (mainly Air Wisconin flights it seems). I know the snacks aren't much, but they do have some pretty nice options when they are available, and I think it's a good benefit for being 1K.