FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic Economy as Platinum = stand by list?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:25 am
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
The flights tomorrow from DCA to JFK are completely sold out first and coach. As is the Korean flight (coach and business). BE fares are not eligible for
complimentary upgrades anyway (first class or C+ or preferred seats, although they may have to assign you one if that is all that's available).

How much did you save doing BE as opposed to main cabin fare? I hope it was a lot. Otherwise not worth the hassle.
Delta is charging (usually) a $30 BE to Main Cabin premium for JFK->DCA. Each route has its own separate premium that is generally consistent. All have gone up in the past 2-3 months. Some routes I see now have a $100+ difference in fare. I refuse to pay that difference in fare just to be able to use my medallion benefits. So I tend to just fly someone else, or fly BE (since I end up in Y middles regularly when buying M and B fares, so it doesn't seem like Delta cares much about folks buying high fares anyways).

Not sure what the hassle is in this situation.