View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 18, 6:40 am
kl1987

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeFly View Post
Quick recap, I'm trying to do an QMiles upgrade from J to F on the DOH-BKK sector of a reservation that is JFK-DOH-BKK. After checking numerous times it finally shows available.
I check just hte DOH - BKK leg, website says no I must check both legs. Odd since there is no F from JFK-DOH but I do it anyway. No I get an error saying can't upgrade JFK-DOh, of course not. It turned into a circular argument. I contacted the help center and they can't help per new the rules.

Thank you for writing to Privilege club.
Our sincere apologies for the delay in replying to you.
We have gone through your email and we are sorry to learn of your disappointment. Please be informed that we have checked the availability for your journey from Doha to Bangkok dated 29-Mar-2018 under booking reference XXXXX Unfortunately, redemption seats for upgrade to first class are currently unavailable hence we are unable to process your request. (NOT WHAT I WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT)
Please note, as per current schedule our flight QR702 from New York to Doha does not operate First class. We are operating only Economy and Business class for this flight. (NO KIDDING)
We regret to inform you we are unable to process your upgrade request as First class is not operated in your desired flight for this flight as per current schedule. ( I WAS NOT ASKING YOU TO - SEEING THE ROOT OF THE WEB BUG IN THIS SENTENCE)
Kindly note that redemption seats are always subject to available and fluctuates without prior notice and revenue booking availability differs from redemption availability. So, there will always be variation in the availability for the same.
In some cases, seats may become available later due to booking cancellations. To enhance your Privilege Club experience (MY BOLDING)and extend best upgrade opportunities, we have introduced the facility to upgrade your flight when departing from certain Airports, using QMiles or QCredits.
The list of Airports and more information is available on this link: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...e-airport.html.
Redemption seats are limited and capacity controlled, hence there are limitations on the number of seats available for redemption on any given flight. Certain days/periods may have no award seat availability; this is a global industry practice and is a function of flight forecast. (WHO KNEW?,<sarc>)
Further, effective 11th March 18 we have moved all our redemption related services online.
Kindly follow the below steps to submit your award ticket request.
Visit www.qmiles.com
Login to you Privilege Club Account
Go to your Redeem Qmiles & Qcredits
Click on Redeem with Partners
Select your preferred carrier, sectors, date
Submit the request
Upon receipt, we will process your request and revert with the next steps to pay and collect your ticket. (I DIDN'T ASK ABOUT THIS STONE AGE PROCEDURE)

I'm just amazed that an airline that can perform with the best of them in the air - gets the rest of it so wrong.
This is the exact problem I reported and the same pathetic response I received. Not addressing the website issue/error just saying award upgrades are limited bla bla bla... and explaining the upgrade procedure using the QR dashboard.