FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton property not accepting AMEX
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:39 pm
Clarkdkent

Hilton property not accepting AMEX

I I have an upcoming April stay at a newer Curio property in Belize. After reading a review on TripAdvisor about the hotel not accepting AMEX, I contacted the front desk and was told that they are only accepting Visa and MC at this time.

I'm disappointed as I recently acquired the AMEX Aspire card and will be losing out ~50k HHonors points on my $3500 stay, the $250 resort fee credit and the bulk of the spend towards meeting the $4000 threshold for HHonors 100,000 bonus point trigger. The stay is a pre-paid rate but they haven't charged my AMEX. Also, I already booked flights for the family etc, so cancelling is out.

My questions is twofold. 1. With the Citi Hilton card now out of the picture, I thought that AMEX was the exclusive Hilton credit card. Aren't Hilton properties required to accept AMEX? 2. If they still can't process my AMEX payment, do I have any recourse? I wouldn't have booked the property if I knew i was going to be leaving 50K in HHOnors points and the $250 resort fee credit on the table.

Thanks everyone