FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska No Longer Offers Snack Box in Premium Class (March 2018)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:45 am
ASA_1

Alaska No Longer Offers Snack Box in Premium Class (March 2018)

I flew in premium on 3/19/18 on a transcon (DCA-SEA), and when meal service came through I was surprised when I was offered the choice of a “Fig Bar” or “trail mix”. When I inquired about the snack box, the FA informed me they stopped offering them on 3/16/18. I messaged AS on facebook and they said “our in-flight research indicated some items were more popular than others. So the snack boxes were removed.”

Personally, I’m more of a fruit and cheese platter person, or sometimes the hot option. I definitely never chose premium class class because of the snack box, and they are still offering a snack that’s “better” than main cabin, so not a total loss. For some reason, I’m still slightly disappointed. I hope they don’t pull the free alcohol perk!

I think offering something sweet toward the end of the flight in premium would be nice. A chocolate truffle or something simple. The gold fish and the chocolate were the best part of the snack box anyways!

cheers!