FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kimpton Ink48 New York City Master Thread
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:41 am
DrRodneyMcKay

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Glad you enjoyed your first Kimpton stay; you picked a nice property.

Kimptons rarely put a Keurig in the room unless you ask for it ahead of time or at check in. Free wine hour from 5-6 pm is also a standard offering at Kimpton properties. Finally, for those using the NY Waterway Ferry service to/from NJ and don't want to make the walk, there is a free bus to/from the 39th St. ferry terminal with stops 1-2 blocks from the hotel. Bus Stops & Schedules
Good to know that I chose a good one! I was going to stay at a a relatively cheap but well-reviewed La Quinta, and decided to treat myself to a Kimpton at the last minute. I picked this one for the sole reason that their bonus points package rate was exactly $300 (and some cents) so I could use the Amex Offer. What a lucky choice!

I didn't know about the bus, but honestly, I prefer to walk in the mornings, especially if the day is sunny - it helps me wake up and meet the day. It's not a long walk, and I find the bike/walk trail along the water quite lovely.