FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefit from 2nd guest’s gold
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:59 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- Is that a direct booking through Hilton or through a third party? If it is a third party booking, it would be at a goodwill of hotel to provide you with any benefits EVEN if the reservation was made in your name.
For reservations made directly with Hilton, in the past I had no problem of switching HHONORS numbers with my wife (she is Gold and I am Diamond) upon check-in. Simply tell that the reservation should be made under your number because you are Gold. Of course, this will be up to hotel but you can ask!
Actually, Hilton will honor benefits if a booking is made via certain portals (i.e. corporate booking portals like Concur, FHR, etc.). What they are trying to block is people using sites like hotels.com, trivago.com, etc. where commissions may be payable and the such. So it's not so cut and dried as only booking via Hilton portal (.com or telephone), but the relationship.

As for this particular situation, OP: do read the T&C closely so you meet the terms. Prior to arrival give the property a call and explain it is a special trip and you'd like their help going beyond the minimum (your status should help). At check-in, present your Gold card and mention you had to book under your spouse's name. Every time I've had a similar situation I was granted all onsite benefits for the higher status. The only thing missing was any point bonuses and the such. Very happy with the experiences.