FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Babyseat blocked recline
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:32 am
BeatCal
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Needs to be in a window seat or the middle seat of the middle section.

People should be happy when there's a baby in a carseat instead of a lap child. Better odds the baby will sleep, less chance of the baby becoming a projectile. Something that parents should be commended for paying for a seat for an infant in a carseat.
Well said

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
I wonder if there has been studies on the added risk of injury to the person on the front when the not so perfectly installed baby seat crashes in to the back of their seat. I doubt these seats are certified where they physically push the seat on front them forward. Also these seats certainly will slow down the parents ability to remove their baby in an emergency evacuation. So while there is certainly a clear benefit in turbulence I actually don't think there is much help in an actual crash situation because the expedited exit of an air frame is so crucial in survival of crash landing. Still I did end up using a seat for out baby, mostly because she sleeps better in it.
San_Fran,
In a crash, different situation, many dead. BUT the FAA, FA unions and all want the seats not because of the rare crash, but for turbulence and take off and landings.. (you can't keep your purse on takeoff and landing on your lap)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 20, 2018 at 10:46 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member