FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:06 pm
EtihadFraud

I have stayed at the resort many times. I did the full inclusive first time but haven’t since as I couldn’t eat and drink enough every day to make it worthwhile. It also limits you to the main buffet restaurant and you will want to eat at the pizza restaurant next door as well as the Kitchen restaurant (tip: for a romantic night ask for the Kitchen to do you the lobster menu for two at the top of the tower). The buffet menu gets a bit too much after a few days despite the special events. The special nights are also at the Kitchen which won’t be included in your package so that’s another reason to stay flexible.

In the end we found that a full breakfast at the buffet restaurant plus a shared pasta/pizza at lunch was more than enough to get you through a tough day of relaxing on the beach! Then you had flexibility to do what you want in the evening.

You can also buy the F&B packages at the site so you can buy a 2 day package there and chow down and then revert to a more slimming approach for the rest of the trip. In other words you don’t need to buy the package now.

The only caveat to all to all this is that taxes are astronomically high now - the reason we don’t go so much nowadays. It’s worth ringing the hotel and asking for current prices of packages and how much taxes apply and then do your calculations.

Lovely resort and better value for money than other places which are posher but over the top and very expensive so can highly recommend it.

Make sure you package includes boat transfer from the airport. That’s also very expensive both ways.

Enjoy!