FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Financial Review discussion
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:59 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by pvgman
Amex gives me a confortable credit, some month above 20k spending, no issue, but every time I call to check if a large transaction will be accepted, some 20k or above, they tell me that my limit is somewhere like 8k left even if I am at the beginning of the month...

Are they artificially lowering my limit when they know I want to buy something very expensive?

Will pay with a debit card at the end and miss the points and amex the transaction fee as I can't wait on this particular transaction until they receive the transfer for a prepayment

I have had the card for 4 years and always paid on time
Why are you being so scared? If you have been a good customer, and always pay on time just do the transaction. Chances are, it will go through. If not, call and in the affirmative question why it was not approved. (Chances are they would make an exception). Once again, why are you so scared.

In my market, they say the maximum exposure without additional financials is €50k, they will allow you to go over that by close to 2x++. It's all based on your profile and past purchases and ability to pay. But, once again, you are the customer. You are making a purchase. AMEX is in business to approve financially sound purchases. Stop being scared. Act in the affirmative. What do you have to lose?