Old Mar 18, 18, 7:24 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA 2mm LT PLT
Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
Well, I wrote 5 years ago: Tape saves the world....
Indeed.

Originally Posted by 710 77345 View Post
Glad you had some good flights. The AA flight to HNL was equipped with wifi, it was just broken - hence the notifications advertising its (expected!) availability.
Also, your BA seats were likely blocked by the BA super computer due to your status, rather than a lounge agent - it's a nice perk for status holders, especially with their high density seating and the fact the A380 seat dividers can be down for a l-o-n-g time (usually down when the in seat power is off, which covers the time circling in holds and taxiing on the ground - which can be high at Heathrow!). Best part of the Emirates new suite has to be the temperature control - how hard would it be for other airlines to add this in?
Thank you 710. Good to know about BA blocked adjacent seats for elite. Don't think wifi was broken and AA CS confirmed. The aircraft was a equipped with Gogo's land based system so no service to Hawaii.

Originally Posted by kosy91 View Post
It will only happen if an airline chooses to introduce fully closed suites/bedrooms. Don't see too many airlines rushing to implement this
The Residence had the opportunity to introduce this. Anyone know if their bedroom has temp control?
Agree that it's not going to happen any time soon. I don't believe that EY's Residence has climate control since it doesn't have floor to ceiling doors like the new EK First. I guess the bedroom could since it's enclosed. Not sure.

Originally Posted by apodo77 View Post
New FC on Emirates loooks amazing. Glad to see you are a Jack Reacher fan. One of my favorite series of fiction books.
Thanks very much apodo77. Yes, big Jack Reacher and Lee Child fan.

Originally Posted by HMPS View Post
SFO777 Thanks for drawing my attention to the Nouvelle Height Cuisine on BA Club World ! I ahave traveled some but never sampled it....Now after shunning BA for a very long time I must return to sample the "Height Cuisine". Wonder what would Julia Child or Gordon Ramsey would say. We have done Petra & Wadi Rum. SPECTACULAR. Was during winter but was still very hot. Your photos are better. How can we appeal to the Princess to let you have longer Hall Passes?
A beef with you...if I knew you were going to be at ORD, would have loved to host you.
Thank you HMPS. I was pleasantly surprised about how good my BA food was. If I overnight in ORD, I'll let you know for sure.

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler View Post
Great trip report, as always. I also booked the CAI-HNL and will commence my trip in a few weeks so your trip report is very helpful. Safe travels. PS. Your lovely pictures from Petra makes me want to visit that place again
Thanks so much thefilipinotraveler. Glad to help. Enjoy your CAI-HNL run.

Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
Ad LH: I do love Henriot '98... Good reason to go back. However their weak point is that they seldom offer decent Pinot Noir wines. Up in the air they might seem "too weak", but there sure should be some decent full-bodied ones out there? Also: Lustau will redefine your opinion of sherry...
Thank you The Viking. Agree about the lack of quality with much of the rest of the LH wine list.