FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dog dies on IAH-LGA after FA supposedly insisted pax store dog overhead
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:19 pm
kale73
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by preciousharley
I understand the rules. But i believe that a misunderstanding occurred. The FAA would never intentionally put a live animal in danger. I would politely remind them that its a live animal. The animal cannot talk. If we do not love/protect them, then no one else would.
I believe that the prairie dogs that once inhabited the airfield at ABQ might have a different opinion about the FAA.

ABQ Sunport Prairie Dogs Need Your Voice!

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
This reminds me of a “Point - Counterpoint” on SNL back in the 70’s where Dan Ackroyd said something like “they decided to buy their tickets so they’re responsible if the plane crashes”.
The scene you're referring to was actually from the movie Airplane! The actor was William Tregoe. His character - Jack Kirkpatrick - was a parody of the conservative journalist Jack Kilpatrick. At the time, Kilpatrick was a regular on a 60 Minutes feature called "Point - Counterpoint" where he and a "liberal" journalist (most often Shana Alexander) stated opposing points-of-view on an issue of the day. That 60 Minutes piece was also often parodied on SNL.