FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC No Longer Allowing Nexus as Sole Basis to Enter Canada?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:25 am
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Crazydre
Lots of misinformation here. Airlines or check-in companies have no say whatsoever in anything - they're meant to go by what Timatic says, because that's what it's there for.

All conformists on here with the "just bring the passport for the convenience of idiot agents" mindset are the exact reason why these agents will never learn.

As a Swedish citizen I'm allowed to visit the country of Georgia with an ID card instead of a passport. Some officers don't know this and insist on a passport. I'll tell them I don't have one and don't need one, and show a government website printout in Georgian pointing it out.

Does it cause delays? Sometimes. But I'm not obliged to adjust to their ignorance, on the other hand they're obliged to follow the law. And if I have to be the one to teach them the laws they're supposed to know by heart, so be it!
Which has nothing to do with the topic AC No Longer Allowing Nexus as Sole Basis to Enter Canada? . Your Swedish issues in Georgia have nothing to do with this, so why resuscitate a thread over a year old?