FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-Stop Screaming/Crying Infant on International Flight
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:23 am
econometrics

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Most of the discussion that is going to come up in this thread can likely be found here: Not Allowed to Walk Toddler Between Classes

Originally Posted by travelerguru
What I would like to know is since when do airlines even allow infants in business class?
Uhh, since business class, or any other seat, has ever been offered on an airplane. In other words: since flying has been a thing.

In addition right behind business class are the bassinet seats in economy class, and guess what?
BA even has bassinets IN business class.

...Look, OP. You had a bad flight. I really do understand. It happens. But you cannot unequivocally state that the parents did nothing to control the child. That's very unfair.

Some parents on flights like this are not as active as they should be, sure. But most parents are trying their hardest to calm their children when they freak out.

My daughter went into a nearly 1-hour freak out on a PHL-TLV in the middle of the night a few years ago when she was 2. Fell asleep very hard, woke up totally disoriented and could not be calmed because she was so delusional and tired. We were in Y, and I felt terrible for waking the other pax, but what can you do? Not much sometimes.

Again, sorry you had a bad flight, but this happens from time to time. Move on.