View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 18, 8:44 pm
wantan

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
2200 HKD is a good rate for the Conrad these days, 2000 HKD is around as cheap as I've ever seen it. This is no different than trying to predict airfare. Sure, there's a chance you may see it drop by 100 or 200 HKD over the next few months, but you could also check tomorrow and it could jump to 3000 HKD.

And generally speaking, the Conrad is very convenient to see HKG.
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
I like the Conrad's location, but it's worth pointing out that the area around the hotel is quiet, as compared to, say, the Sheraton in Kowloon that's in the thick of things. There's a lot more within walking distance of the Sheraton than the Conrad. That said, I personally prefer the Conrad.
Thanks !

I did a quick look around at Marriott (W HK & JW Marriott) and Grand Hyatt ... both were asking roughly the same rate as Conrad. So MIGHT do a mattress run (Conrad, W, Conard, JW ?) Any tips on such a plan ? As I only have Diamond with Hilton, the stays at Conrad will be where I make the most of the hotel, while the others will just be a place to zzz. Unless one of those hotels has something exceptional over the Conrad where it's worth paying for a Club room ?