FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:37 pm
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Kacee
So I had my first experience with the DL upgrade waitlist yesterday (have been mostly buying F for my DL flights). LAX-OAK didn't clear in advance, but the upgrade was consistently offered for $52.85 right up until I checked in, at which point the offer disappeared. Wasn't offered any buy-up opportunity after checking-in, nor did I see F seats magically disappear from inventory like I'm used to seeing with UA. Ultimately cleared at the gate.

So here's my question - Does DL not offer paid upgrades post check-in, or was this just an anomaly? I'm used to UA, where the consistent practice is to undercut elite upgrades by agressively hawking F seats for cheap right up until the end of boarding.
its inconsistent. More often than not, if I see an upgrade offer on the my trips page like you did, I don't see one after check in, whereas if I don't see one on the my trips page or the price is outrageous, I'll often see one during check in. One thing you won't see IME is the price changing during the check in window. Usually what you see at T24 is what you get.