FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa GC/Walmart (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:17 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I experienced GDVGCs that failed to load but my CC was charged. First one, I used MC for one that did not load. YV CSM told me to wait for 5 biz days for funds to be refunded to my card. By the 5th day, I saw the refund posted to the CC I used.The other time, the front end registers were all busy so a YV CSM led me to the register for pick up of online orders. Cashier told me I can pay for my items plus the 2 GDVGCs there, I did split of my TCB AGC for $9xx.xx and the rest paid with Visa 3%. After signature screen, receipt printed followed by a small piece of paper saying DEBIT NETWORK FAILED. Cashier must refund fees to customer. Ugh! YV CSM who told me to check out there tried to help me to no avail, they wouldn't scan 2 cards as replacement and since it was a Sunday, they told me to wait till funds go back to my card. I didn't get refund for the fees. CSM asked for my phone # so she can follow up with me if funds went back to my card(s). By Friday, I got a call from her telling me to get my cash refund from the Asst Manager as instructed by the cash manager. That turned out a better deal since my AGC rebate turned to cash w/o paying fees. I re-bought 2 GDVGCs with SPG card and that time it was successfully activated.
Have similar experience today using a DL card. Same error 14.
It went thru the signature screen but the receipt printed with 2 little chits followed. Cashier looked at the receipt and called a manager. Manager came and we looked at the receipt -
VOIDED ENTRY, Visa Payment $4,94-0,
VOIDED ENTRY, Amount (the GC number) $382.00-0,
AMEX TEND $386.94- Account (the AMEX card number in X with the last 4 showing).
Approval Refund. Change Due 0,00.

Essentially the whole transaction is VOIDED and the full amount, the fee and the load, are refunded to the AMEX DL, with approval, therefore Change due is 0.00.

The 2 little chits said the following card xxxxxxx can not be activated. Please note the amount of $386.94 will be credited back to credit account, This amount is equal to the value of the unauthorized card(s). We took the receipt and the 2 chits but of course the non-activated GC was left with the CS, presumably it would be put back to the rack.

CS YV insisted it was because only debit / cash can be used to pay for the GD. I am not sure if this is caused by cashier error (pressed debit by habit even though she knew it was CC as she asked for ID when I said it was CC. Her coworker who was more competent also said could be sold with CC with ID match.)

The GC in question is the one with colorful gift boxes on the cover if that makes any difference.

The last time we bought any Greendot was back in Dec. It was initially declined by the POS when a supervisor rang up the order. Then he asked if CC was used, and asked to see ID. After that the transaction sailed thru. Wish I have followed the WalMart GC thread more closely because we were not necessarily in need of the GD, just happened to be in the area and also in need of a GC, and we were working on the DL MSR. Ugh.

So most everyone who has this happened, sees the refund in about a week back to the CC used?

Do we have ideas whether it is more a cashier error or bad gc batches or POS changes?

Last edited by Happy; Mar 14, 2018 at 5:36 pm