FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United vs Alaska (formerly VX) transcon?
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:40 pm
pushmyredbutton

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Toshbaf
One minor difference. UA is a terrorist target. ISIS never heard of AS, or if they did, lump them in the same category as Spirit and Frontier. I still fly AA and UA but do think that the risk is very small but not zero.

Originally Posted by elipisk123
Hello all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. My company is paying for me to go on a flight from EWR to LAX, so I get no FF miles. I am going to be flying in premium class (AS) or E+ (UA). Which airline (AS or UA) is better on this route. Also, which airline has a better in-flight experience? I have tried to find reviews, but none are very helpful. Also, which one has better service in case of IRROPs? But, most importantly does the A320 or 752 have better seat arrangements?
I do the SFO-EWR shuttle every couple weeks and alternate between UA and VS. In-flight experience will depend on whether you are flying before 4/25, as this is when AS takes over the routes service-wise.

On the A320, as others state, row 3 is quite good, but can feel a bit dingy since the planes are getting a bit long in the tooth; same with the pmCO 752s. Personally I would go with UA for a superior schedule and IRROPs handling. E+ also gets a free meal and alcohol, and the pitch is quite generous on the 752s. Avoid the 777.