FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I have not had pre-check for the last few trips.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:20 pm
tanglin

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
So, I'm now at MCO (in the SC) after getting through with Pre Check! Flight to LAX delayed so enjoying a cabernet .

I went to the Delta desk as advised, and the person there looked up my account. I gave her my KTN, she confiirmed it was the same as in the account, but that 'it didn't look right'.

The number was in the format K########J, where the #'s are actually 8 numbers. When I showed her my GE number, in the format 9########, she said ' Oh that looks more like it". She entered that in my reservation and reprinted my BP, and voila - PreCheck!

The thing is I have never changed my KTN from the K########J one (K J are actually my first name and surname initials), and it worked before for years.

So although I am happy I am not sure what really was the issue. Maybe a change on the Homeland Security front?

I notice also she didn't change it in my profile, maybe the override was enough to issue the BP but I guess I will have to update it before my next flight.

Last edited by tanglin; Mar 14, 2018 at 4:30 pm Reason: Typos