FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:38 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Interesting. This may sound weird - given the fact that I've been reasonably vocal over my occasional discontent with Alaska's meals in this thread - but for me at least it wouldn't feel right to accept compensation for a bad meal, much less most other things that have occasionally gone wrong on my Alaska flights. I've actually turned down offers for compensation from Alaska (that's not as easy as it sounds) but from my perspective at least, Alaska's generally treated me really well and continues to do so. I get upgraded a lot and the miles I've earned have enabled me to enjoy some fantastic First Class travel experiences aboard airlines I would never have been able to fly upon (at least in First Class) otherwise. I realize my position is solely my own and certainly don't present it as a paragon for others, but the way I see it we all make mistakes now and then and unless Alaska's error were particularly egregious, all things considered I'm more content with letting bygones be bygones. Karma and all that, you know.

As for the meals - I'd love to see better offerings up front but such are the times we live in. Unless you're flying First Class aboard the likes of Cathay Pacific (which I soon shall be thanks to Alaska's Mileage Plan) it's becoming increasingly unrealistic to expect much in the way of quality grub on a U.S. airline.