FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:17 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
On Checking mystatus.united.com, I get a banner for PQM/PQS sale. The best rate is for 15,000 miles AND 15 segments for $1570 at a rate of $0.104 - which is the best I have seen in a couple of years. My current reservations show offers at $0.15 and $0.2 per PQM. Considering I am not going to fly much this year and I need to keep my *G status, I am inclined to buy this now. This is the first time I have seen a PQM + PQS sale or I may have never focused on PQS.
I like *G status as much as the next person, but if you're not going to fly much this year, is it really worth $1570? The two biggest perks, as far as I'm concerned, are lounge access on international itineraries and E+ at booking on UA-operated flights. You can get lounge access with a United Club membership and E+ with an E+ subscription and still spend less than $1570. And you might find you're only 6K miles away at the end of the year, not 15K, meaning that a quick mileage run or a smaller purchase then might do the trick.