FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:23 am
srcga

Originally Posted by l31g
Are you going to join me on that LAX-PTY run? You can shorten it to get your 400TP
I would, if I can figure out Matrix. It's significantly more expensive to start in PHL with the same exact legs as yours, for some odd reason. The one part I haven't figured out yet is determining the proper routing to get the best cost.

These are my search parameters.. a subset of the ones you searched. I popped in your details and saw the $1280ish price.. I'm getting $1699.
(can't post pictures as I'm a newb)
Departing From: PHL
Routing codes: RDU CLT JAX MIA (also tried your AA flight codes)
Destination: PTY
Routing codes: MIA TPA CLT (also tried your AA flight codes)

I don't need all of the TP that you are getting, otherwise, I'd just fly to LAX and do the same thing

Also tried same exact itinerary as you, just stopping in PHL on the way home.. that was ~$1800.

Originally Posted by Scallywag72
Welcome to flyertalk srcga. I have learnt so much from people here and as a result now spend far more money with airlines. I would not have it any other way now!
Thanks! Long time lurker, just did not have much to offer.
I've been flying BA since 2012 - 4 years of Gold, the rest Silver, so far. I mostly use my Avios to fly domestically on AA - since AA bought USAir, oneworld out of PHL has been good to me