FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United vs Alaska (formerly VX) transcon?
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:13 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There is no fundamental reason you should not earn mileage credit unless your employer explicitly does something. Mileage credit goes to the flyer, not the purchaser (again unless your employer makes you "turn over" the mileage).
I've honestly never heard of that. Do some companies do that? Cuz "turning over" the mileage would require mileage transfers no? Those (almost) always come at a cost do they not? I can't imagine a company deciding to pay for mileage transfers to a pool just to save themselves from having to maybe buy some tickets later. Knowing what we all know about mileage ticket availability, it just doesn't seem prudent.

All that being said, to the OP, if the time of the flight doesn't matter, I'd take AS/VX without question. Just flew AS from SEA-RDU and it wasn't amazing, it was still an economy flight. But it's better than most of my flights in Y on UA. I feel like AA is ok if you can get a flight that isn't jam packed, and preferably on an Airbus. I never fly DL, so they could be the best option for all I know, but I'll leave that to you.