FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:58 am
AspirationalFF

Programs: A3*G, ex SK*G
Originally Posted by chongcao
Look at your ticket again, did you upgrade OSL-MUC or MUC-ATH? OSL-MUC requires mileage fee based on star alliance upgrade chart, MUC-ATH on A3 will be OK with voucher.

I can confirm it is only possible to upgrade A3/OA operated flight (and issued by A3) for a quite long timer as I remember. What you said does not make sense to me but strange things have happened before.
I think you might have misunderstood what I meant, namely that I managed to upgrade an A3 flight that was part of a booking involving a non-A3 flight (which of course I could not upgrade), even though the rules state that it shouldn't be possible.

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
There were a couple of reports here of people being refused an upgrade for this reason but I don't have time to find them. I think this came in around 6 or 7 months ago, which probably explains why you did it successfully last summer.
Yeah, that makes sense, thanks for the info. I requested the upgrade about a year ago.

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
The most logical reason I can come up with for this is that A3 would otherwise have to give you the extra (2 x 32kg) baggage allowance on the second airline which they would probably have to pay for.
That also makes sense.

Last edited by AspirationalFF; Mar 11, 2018 at 9:23 am