FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:47 am
darkice81

I am also experiencing this issue. I'm currently helping my parents redeem their UR for some award tickets through United. Transferred 85,000 yesterday at 11am, miles posted instantly. At around 1pm, I transferred another 85,000 to pick up another ticket. UR were deducted from their account, but never posted to United. United says they can only wait until miles post, and there's no way for them to see if there's some kind of issue. My father called CSP help line, and the agent said that United can take 1-7 days to transfer, and the status of the second transfer is "in progress". United has ALWAYS been instant transfers for me...is it possible there's a new policy? The only thing i can think of is that transferring the same amount of points only a few hours after the first transfer triggered some kind of fraud alert or was rejected by United as an error. I've read that this (occasionally) happens with other programs, where a repeat transfer of the same amount is considered a mistake by the computer. Just wanted to put this info out there as a DP and see if it fits with anyone else's experience.