FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancun CUN Terminal 4 Lounge? (Open March 2018)
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:38 am
acker

Bad storms in New England caused our vacation to be extended two extra days. We were at Grand Hyatt Playa, so I was very happy. (I don't get why GH Playa isn't on the top of everyone's list. Awesome property, 20k redemption, fantastic beach and location). So, as of Thursday, March 8th, when we flew home, the lounge wasn't open and no WiFi. Lots of eating choices but forget healthy: Guy Fieri (sp), Starbucks, Johnny Rockets, Wolfgang Puck, various pseudo-Mexican fast food.
Crazy that an airport wouldn't consider WiFi as a must-have for opening day. And even crazier that there are NO outlets near gates. Matter of fact, the only outlets that I found in the entire terminal are in the food court. Outlets are under the tables and there's a few hi-tops with outlets. Overall, not a bad place to spend time waiting. Lots of stores.
Considerable police presence in CUN as well as Playa. Not in a bad way, similar to visiting NYC - lots of police but everyone going about doing their thing. I'd go back tomorrow if I didn't have pesky work.
BTW, we took cab back from GH Playa 700 pesos or $44. Cheaper than one-way USA Transfers service. Taxi can hold 3 passengers plus driver.